- Mon: Karate
- Tue: Softball, Run, Extras
- Wed: Karate Demo
- Thu: Karate, Baseball
- Fri: Karate, Run, Extras
- Sat: Bowling, Karate Seminar, Baseball, Awards Dinner
- Sun: Run
And things are only going to get worse. In 3 weeks I "officially" start my 1st cycle as I go for my 2nd degree black belt. This means every week I must take 4 karate classes, get in 4 days of "extras", complete 4 runs each week AND do 3 SWAT classes. Scheduling all these along with work and the kid's sports is going to be a NIGHTMARE!!!!
Running: Ugh!! a slow week
- Tuesday - Interval run: I started with a 1 mile warm-up @ 10:34, then ran four 1/2 mile intervals (4:32, 4:32, 4:56, 5:07) and finished with a "quick" sprint (0.22 @ 1:45).
- Friday - Strength run: I ran 5.14 in 51:28 with an average pace of 10:00.
- Sunday - Distance run: I did the beach run, this time starting at the north end (Commercial Blvd) and running south (Las Olas) and then heading back to the start. I ran 11.7 miles in 2:11:22, for an average pace of 11:13.
- Up to now, I have been slowly but consistently improving my run times. Well this week shot that to hell! I'm going to "blame" it on the warm temps; Sunday's run was in the upper 80's with quite a bit of humidity. For March, that's pretty warm, even by South Florida standards. And, it's only going to get worse!!!
- So, for the week: 3 runs for a total of 20.19 miles. Another distance record week.
Karate: 3 classes, 1 demo, 1 seminar = 5 days at the dojo this week!
- Monday - Demo practice: took out the holds & grabs; doing kamaset form 2 instead. Yeah!
- Wednesday - Exam Demo: Overall, the demo rocked! I had a small misstep on kamaset 2 at the end, but not too bad! And, I was very happy with my nunchucks performance.
- Thursday - Bugo: I went to the morning class. Hadn't taken an A.M. class in 3 years (maybe longer!). Sparring went well. The first group was with Kathy and Marsala; Kathy was intense; she has awesome speed and I was totally intimidated by her. My round with Marsala was much better (more evenly matched). Next I was "assigned" to spar with Picasso and a brown belt girl (not sure of her name but I've sparred her before and she's another "heavy" hitter). I really didn't want to spar them and felt like walking out of class. But I stayed and did okay; not great, but I didn't get "killed". I'm not sure whether that's because they "held up" for me or what. But, I was very glad when it was over.
- Friday - Happy Hour: the April black belt candidates had their power weekend in dojo 1; the "rest of us" had our "happy hour" class in dojo2. It was a great conditioning class (think lots of push-ups, sit-ups, etc).
- Saturday - Bo Seminar: Mr. Mike Galindo had a bo seminar. We started with the basic moves and then moved to some "showy" spins. I really loving doing all the weapons (chucks, kamas and bo); I just need to find more time to practice them all. Ah, more time..........
- Extras: I didn't get all my "extras" in this week. On Tuesday, I only did half; 50 PU & 50 SU, no kicks. I did a full "extras" after Friday's run; this made the push-ups and sit-ups in Friday's class even more enjoyable, LOL!).
- I quit smoking on Ash Wednesday and today is 40 days without a cigarette. But wait, Easter is still 6 days away and Lent is supposed to be 40 days, so what's up with the extra days? I checked Wikipedia and discovered that in Western Christianity, the 6 Sundays in Lent are not counted towards the 40 days because, "each Sunday represents a "mini-Easter", a celebration of Jesus' victory over sin and death". I didn't know that. Or maybe I did at some point and just forgot it.
Speaking of Easter...
- The kid's spring break starts this week. They have early release on Wednesday, so they are off on Holy Thursday and Good Friday, plus the entire week after Easter. I know they are counting down the minutes!
Till next week.....Adios!